Fine Art Photography Classes
Great for beginners but everyone can get something from this great book
You can use a camera … but do you take great photos?
- The dream – taking photographs that your friends think you paid someone for, not shot yourself.
- The myth – that you just don’t have what it takes. You need better gear, you don’t have ‘the eye’ and you’ll never understand the skills needed to take amazing photos.
- The reality – Great photography CAN be learned. This book is the perfect companion on your journey to becoming a photographer. It will teach you the techniques, tools, and thought processes used by the pros to take gorgeous photos. If you think creative photography is limited to those artistic types – think again.
Become a better photographer with Photo Nuts and Shots – our most popular photography eBook yet!.
This lush, 100+ page pdf ebook is the ultimate creative photography primer.
Photo Nuts and Shots is perfect if you
- look at others’ images and wonder “Why don’t my photos look like that?”
- want to take gorgeous shots, every single time
- know your camera, but want to learn the craft of photography
- long to take more emotive, expressive photos
- want to take photos that truly connect with viewers
What You’ll Learn
Packed with all-new, practical advice from professional photographer Neil Creek, Photo Nuts and Shots has been developed specifically for DPS readers.
- Learn to harness light to convey emotion.
- Understand the rules of composition … and know when to break them.
- Take the sharpest possible photo every time.
- Learn to adapt the camera’s exposure to produce the shot you want.
- Master the concepts of shot perception, planning, and execution — in any setting.
- Tap into your unique creativity to take evocative photographs that reach out to viewers.
How this book has impacted Aspiring Photographer like you
“My Flickr Stream has come alive since reading this eBook. The advice is practical and easy to understand but even better than that is that I feel like my creativity has been reborn.” – Samantha Romney (via email)
Having worked my way through ‘Photo Nuts and Bolts’, I was thrilled to see the follow-on book, ‘Photo Nuts and Shots’. The images alone are inspirational, and the information in this latest book is helping to take my photography to a new level. I know this book is going to keep me busy for the foreseeable future, but I can’t help wondering what comes next! – Elizabeth Coughlan
Taking a Trip? You’ve Got One Chance To Get Your Pictures Right…
- The dream – going on a trip with dreams of capturing the magical experiences that you have and returning home with a camera full of captivating images to show your friends.
- The reality – you return home wonderful memories, but a camera full of uninspiring images that don’t do your adventure justice, and leave your friends and family disinterested… when they could have been mesmerized.
What if you could spend time being coached by one of the top travel photographers in the world?
Transcending Travel is an eBook designed to give you the skill and inspiration to take riveting travel photography images, ones so striking you’re friends won’t be able to stop talking about and sharing them.
The great thing about it is that it’s just as applicable whether you’re traveling near or far from home.
Best Still – as it’s a downloadable eBook you can have it today (with no need for delivery fees) ! It’s just $19 USD.
What People are Saying about Transcending Travel
“Great stuff Mitchell! I just bought the ebook last night and loved it. I plan on reading it again tonight. I would suggest to all to buy the book. The advice and pictures are outstanding!! At this price it’s about the same price as three good beers…and it doesn’t make you pee. – Peter S (blog comment)”
“LOVE THIS BOOK!!!!” – @cindykilkenny (via Twitter)
“I’m off overseas in the next couple of weeks and thanks to this new publication I feel I’ll come home with better photos than I could ever have hoped for. Thanks DPS for another great read.” – Colin Jones (via Facebook)
Transcending Travel – What’s Inside
Written by acclaimed professional travel photographer Mitchell Kanashkevich, Transcending Travel is a downloadable PDF eBook specifically designed to help you improve your travel photography.
Here’s a sample shot of how a typical page is laid out.
Discover how to take Captivating Travel Images
Transcending Travel is set out in four easy to use sections.
1. Preparation: advice on preparing for your trip
- How to research your trip
- Choosing the Right Lenses to take
- Buying the right camera body
- Other Equipment to take
2. Composition: how to communicate effectively to those who view your images through principles of photographic composition.
- The Photographic Frame and how to use it
- How to draw the eye of those viewing your images
- The importance of Focal Points, Perspective, Negative Space, Lines, Patterns, Depth of Field and more in Composition
3. Light: how to use light creatively to tell your stories, communicate your emotion and evoke emotions in others.
- First steps to using light creatively
- How to ‘Direct’ natural and available light
- Familiarization with different times of day and lighting situations (including Twilight, ‘magic hour’, in midday sun, diffused light, firelight and foggy light) and teaching on what effects different types of light have.
- How to shoot after sundown
- Lighting tools: flashes and reflectors
4. Making Photos: walks readers through numerous aspects involved in the making of a good travel photograph.
- 5 key elements of the photographic process
- How to Freeze Motion
- How to Effectively Use Motion Blur
- Working with people – ethics, language barriers and communication
- Posing People effectively
- Environmental Portraits
- How to Shoot Landscapes (natural and man-made)
- Tips on Photographing Buildings and Monuments
- How to Photograph Interiors and Still Life Objects
Stop taking scenery snaps and start creating breathtaking works of landscape photography art that people will fall in love with.
If you’ve ever been frustrated that the landscape photos from your camera don’t portray the magical scenes you witnessed, then this is eBook will open up a new world of creative possibilities …
- Transform your dull RAW files into breathtaking images.
- Discover and learn how to use Adobe Photoshop Lightroom’s landscape-friendly tools for maximum impact.
- Get ten free handpicked Lightroom presets to use again and again.
- Learn fun landscape techniques that will extend your creative horizon.
- Create eye-catching Landscape photos with exposure blending techniques.
Loving Landscapes will demystify the landscape photography workflow by sharing almost every technique, trick and hack that authors Todd and Sarah have accumulated over the past 20 years of photographing nature together.
Make the most of your next outdoor photography adventure with Loving Landscapes.
What you’ll discover in this huge 200+ page eBook
Loving Landscapes is a digital landscape photography workflow and post-processing guidebook. It is crammed full of highly detailed information that will simplify and streamline your image capture and transform your post-processing skills.
- You’ll learn from over 20 years experience in Landscape Photography.
- You’ll follow a refreshing, inspiring and easy-to-understand style of teaching.
- You’ll discover a beautiful design, with loads of visuals and pictures.
- You’ll have supporting RAW images and ten Lightroom presets to use along with the book.
In this course you’ll learn how to use:
- The adjustment brush
- Radial filter
- Cloning and healing brushes
- Mike’s very own Lightroom editing workflow for editing portraits
- Eyes and lip editing techniques
- Teeth whitening tips
- Skin editing techniques including blemish removal
You’ll also be able to virtually look over Mike’s shoulder as he walks you through top-to-bottom edits, showing you the exact techniques he and other pro’s use to take an image from good to great.
Contains over 3 hours of video training including 33 different modules you can tailor your own learning experience and go at your own pace.
You’ll have instant lifetime access to all the training modules as well as the ability to download the videos so you can consume the content however and whenever you like.
About the Author
Mike Newton is a commercial photographer based in Southern California. His portrait clients range from Fortune 500 companies like Bayer and Metlife, technology companies like Uber, and clothing brands like Deckers Outdoor Corporation (who owns Ugg Boots, Simple and Sanuk shoe brands).
Wish you could take amazing photos every single time? Now you can!
- The dream: To take photos that your friends and family won’t believe you shot because they’re so incredibly good. Photos that have the ‘wow’ factor.
- The myth: You don’t have what it takes. You need better gear, you don’t have the ‘eye’ and you’ll never understand the skills needed to take amazing photos.
- The REALITY: If you think amazing creative photography is limited to artistic types – think again. Great photography CAN be learned and this all-new dPS course will show you how!
Photo Nuts and Shots will teach you the craft of photography – so you can take evocative photos that truly connect with viewers and reflect your creative vision.
Stream or download, watch when you want
In this new watchable format, you’ll see Neil demonstrate and break down creative photography concepts step-by-step. It’s super-easy to go through at your own pace and replay any video as many times as you like.
Gain real skills in 10 practical lessons
In 10 practical video lessons, you’ll learn the tools, techniques and thought processes for producing amazing photos and gain real skills that you’ll use in every shot you take:
- Learn to harness light to convey emotion
- Understand the impact of great composition and how to achieve it
- Take the sharpest possible photos
- Discover how to adapt your camera’s exposure to produce the shot you want
- Master the concepts of shot perception, planning and execution – in any setting
- Know when to break the rules for creative effect
- Tap into your creativity to select and apply practical techniques that create amazing photos
Best of all, Neil’s tips are easy-to-understand and immediately actionable – so you’ll see an instant improvement in the quality of your images.
31 practical lessons to get you out of auto mode.
Finally, a practical photography course for beginners to take you from zero to photography hero in 31 days… plus direct access to the instructor via an exclusive Facebook Group.
We all want to take stunning photos like you see in galleries or magazines and other places. But the question is: how do you get there? How do you learn the skills and master the techniques to take amazing photos?
It’s hard to find the time, motivation and guidance.
That’s why we asked professional photography instructor, Jim Hamel to create “31 Days to Becoming a Better Photographer”.
In this step by step online course Jim will teach you everything you need to know to take stunning pictures like these…
Jim has recorded 31 practical lessons in video format, that you can watch online, whenever suits you.
You can binge watch all 31 lessons, or take it a day at a time, it’s totally up to you and how fast or slow you want to go as you receive lifetime access to the photography training videos.
PLUS you’ll have 3 months access to a closed Facebook Group so you can ask Jim anything you need to help you progress through the training and participate in assignments so you put your learning into practice.
In this course you’ll learn about:
- Camera Techniques
- Post Processing Software
This course will also be interactive…
- Practising the techniques you learn by taking your own photos along the way
- Interact with other people who are also going through the course
- Share your progress
- Ask Jim questions you have about any of the lessons.
We break this course up into 31 high quality video tutorials that keeps everything nice and simple. And at the end of each one you’ll have an assignment.
This is something designed to put this course to work for you in your photography so you can master these techniques one step at a time and you’ll actually be having fun creating something, rather than staring at a computer screen all day.
You’ll enjoy learning the new techniques each day and have the motivation to actually get out there and do some shooting.
Spend 31 days with Jim Hamel and become a better photographer.
This is a great ebook
A Picture is Worth Thousand Words, Color can Turn Them into a Real Story
- The dream -– taking photo’s that evoke emotion, making people feel as attached to the images as you are. The type of images people pay for and memories that amaze your friends.
- The reality – you continually take bland and lifeless photos – they just don’t capture the moment, as you see it through the lens. No matter how much you tweak in post production – you just can’t communicate the meaning behind the scene.
- The answer – color is as much a part of visual communication as composition or light – but you need to learn to see and understand it. This eBook will teach you to do just that and will illuminate the topic of color.
Ignite your Photographic Creativity Through Color
In Captivating Color, a gorgeous, 48-page ebook, by award-winning photographer Mitchell Kanashkevich shows you how to see color—and use it to create stunning photographs.
You’ll be able to read it cover to cover in a couple of hours, but the impact will last you a lifetime.
It’s a book that will show to how to use color to ignite your photographic creativity.
If you want to get into HDR photography this Aurora is the only game in town I could never say enough it is just amazing and I love it. Check it out, you can play with it for free a must own!
I also love Luminar and you will too. It is the future of editing photography, you have to try this out and believe me you will buy it and love it too!